Thursday, August 5, 2010

Homework on the VFA

How does the VFA affect you as an individual?

I honestly think that the VFA is a lousy agreement. I really can’t see any authentic benefits from this arrangement. Our counter-terrorism efforts and competence are not being enhanced by the US visiting forces. It doesn’t even commit the US to supply us with modern weapons of war.

The VFA may not directly affect me as an individual since I don't experience issues at first hand. However as a Filipino, I realize that this agreement leads to the bastardization of our nation.'s dignity. Our national sovereignty and human rights are highly undermined in this agreement. I can’t understand how our leaders signed this agreement at the expense of our dignity and self-respect. The VFA is obviously one sided and very degrading in our case. The only right thing to do is to terminate this agreement because no matter how much we would life to amend or reconstruct this contact, the US will always call the shots and they will always be above our laws
.

No comments:

Post a Comment